Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist bereits abgelaufen.
Aber schauen Sie doch einmal bei unseren aktuellen Stellen aus Wissenschaft und Forschung, denn academics bietet die größte Auswahl an Stellenangeboten und Jobs in Wissenschaft, Forschung und Entwicklung. Um weitere Stellenangebote per E-Mail zu erhalten, erstellen Sie Ihr persönliches Suchprofil.
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche's largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland − a great place to live and work.
The Discovery Virology department within Roche Pharma Research & Early Development is looking for a highly motivated, interactive, and creative scientist at the PhD level to support a variety of research and clinical projects in the infectious disease area.
- The scientist will be responsible for providing virology input into clinical and preclinical study protocols, analysis of virology and resistance data, coordinating, designing new bioinformatics methods and tools to analyze DNA sequences derived from preclinical as well as from clinical samples from our programs in development.
- The aim is to characterize mechanisms of reduced susceptibility to antivirals (e.g. for HCV, Influenza, HBV, HPV or RSV), in preclinical and/or clinical studies. The study of virus-host interactions at the biologic and genetic level will also be an area of responsibility for this position.
- A strong background in cell biology, statistics (graduate level work) and computation are essential.
- Excellent publications, or equivalent industry experience are essential.
- A good working knowledge of cell biology, bioinformatics, biological and molecular concepts will be needed.
- Workplace could be Shanghai or Basel.
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- The candidate will have experience with a broad range of contemporary statistical methods for classification and prediction, e.g., linear models, machine learning, and other multivariate analysis methods.
- Proven experience in the analysis of infectious disease drug candidates with respect to efficacy and resistance.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, verbal/written communication, and bioinformatic skills.
- Flexibility and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with evolving research program needs.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, innovative, and interdependent, matrix research environment.
- Perform bioinformatics analyses (sequence-, host markers expression-, pathway analyses, etc.) with focus on virology and host markers of antiviral response.
- PhD degree and postdoctoral experiences with 3-5 or more years of full time experience in an academic or biotechnology industry laboratory.
- Fluency in English.
The next step is yours. Please apply online.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer