Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Academic Tutor (f/m/d) in Computer Sciences (hourly-paid)
Lancaster University Leipzig
The Lancaster University Leipzig campus will offer a range of Lancaster University (LU) degree programmes, with the university committed to providing the same academic quality and fully rounded student experience as in the UK. In January 2020, we will enrol students onto a Lancaster University accredited foundation programme delivered by Navitas Germany GmbH, part of Navitas Limited - an Australian owned public listed company. Navitas is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, as well as pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic and international students in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe and the United Kingdom. Navitas Campuses and Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. In Autumn 2020, four Lancaster University accredited Bachelor of Science programmes will be included into the portfolio of programmes.
Academic Tutor in Computer Sciences (hourly-paid)
Lancaster University Leipzig invites applications from lecturers, interested in the inclusion of a pool of lecturers with the opportunity for hourly paid teaching if and when required for the delivery of the Foundation course. Contracts take into considerations other professional engagements by lecturers.
Applications are accepted from lecturers with expertise in one or more of the following areas (or similar areas of expertise):
• Computer Sciences
• Programming (fundamental knowledge of Python programming language required)
• Object-orientated Programming
• Maths and Statistics
• Application Development
• Software Product Design and Implementation
• Communications Studies
• Software Engineering.
Interested applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Previous teaching experience in a related field
• A University degree; and preferably a Masters (-equivalent) or higher
• Ability to communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
• Good IT, general administration, data analysis and presentation skills
• A "can do"mentality
• Fluency in English; knowledge of German is beneficial
• Desirably, knowledge of the UK Higher Education system (and/or previous teaching experience at a UK HE institution).
The successful candidates will work in:
• A new and dynamic team catering for the needs of predominately international students
• A work space in one of the most attractive cities in Germany
• A growing campus that aims to rapidly increase its offerings in both teaching and research.
The application package should consist of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and two contacts (including positions) for recommendation letters.
Please merge all documents into one PDF file, indicating your name and submit by e-mail to: