Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Student (f/m) in Transportation, Geography or Statistics for a Master Thesis
Bauhaus Luftfahrt e.V.
Taufkirchen bei München
Re-think the way we fly. In an international think tank, at the highest professional level. With experts from various disciplines that come together in fascinating ways. Ready to always improve on the good, to think beyond the beaten path, constantly asking questions - and thereby challenge the pioneering spirit anew every day. In a young, modern working environment with open ears and doors.
That's who we are, Bauhaus Luftfahrt in Taufkirchen near Munich: around 50 colleagues whose work is backed by the four aviation companies, Airbus, IABG, Liebherr-Aerospace and MTU Aero Engines as well as the Free State of Bavaria. We investigate the future of mobility, particularly the long-term development of aviation. In doing so, we take into account technical, economic, social and ecological aspects equally.
Student (m/f) in Transportation, Geography or Statistics for a Master Thesis
in Taufkirchen b. München
Title: Estimating mobility patterns from demographic and transport information
- You will gather and analyse information on mobility behaviour and demographics in order to derive travel patterns for a synthetic population
- The resulting and developed methodology is your scientific contribution, while use case results are being used in a state-of-the-art transport simulation (MATSim)
- You will independently familiarize yourself with the topics of (demographic, geographic, and mobility) data gathering, manipulation, and analysis
- Based on a structured literature review, you will identify and execute suitable approaches to creating synthetic populations via a reproducible methodology
- You will compare current research findings critically with your proposed methodology and test your implementation(s) on use cases
- You are a student in Transportation, Geography, Statistics, or a related field
- You are already familiar with writing seminar/term papers or theses
- You enjoy learning or advancing skills, as you will be using version control, geographic information (GIS) and scientific document preparation systems
- Reliability, preciseness, and self-reliance are among your strengths
- You are interested in target-oriented tasks and in working in an interdisciplinary team
- You are a proficient user of the English language