Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
The Hertie School of Governance prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in
government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the
opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-oriented approach to the School's teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The School was founded in 2003 as a project of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
The contract duration is 12 months, starting as soon as possible.
· You will support the research in the project ‘Citizen and Elite Activity on the Wikipedia Market Place of Political Information’ (led by Simon Munzert and an international team of researchers).
· You will collect and process web-based data using programmatic tools.
· You will help setting up online experiments and crowd-sourcing tasks.
· You will assist in the organisation of project workshops and meetings.
· You will analyse and visualize data.
· You will be encouraged to use certain project data for your own research
· You will be given time and resources to learn new methods and techniques from the data
· Graduate student with a Bachelor degree (enrolled for at least the contract period)
· Reliable, structured and precise way of working
· Experience in working with the statistical software R
· Knowledge in use of databases (SQL, SQLite) preferable but not required
· Interest in working with web-based data, data visualization and analysis
We offer flexible working conditions and attractive remuneration. The student research assistant will have the opportunity to take part in a cutting-edge research project that combines data from Panel surveys, online tracking, social media profiles, and media outlets to study how Information environments affect people’s political attitudes and priorities. As part of the contract, the assistant will be given time and support to learn techniques from the data science toolbox. The Hertie School has been certified as a family-friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (s. www.hertie-school.org for further information).
Application: Please address your complete application portfolio including cover letter (no more than one page!) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 February 2018 as a PDF file using the heading “Elite Activity”.
For informal enquiries please contact Simon Munzert, Lecturer in Political Data Science, at email@example.com.
Hertie School of Governance