Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Palaeontology
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2019 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Palaeontology
Reference number: 9847
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with an excellent research and publication record in the field of marine ecosystems, with a special focus on foraminifera. The advertised position is associated with the chair for palaeoecosystems (Prof. Petra Heinz) at the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Supervision of students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Doctoral/PhD degree in Earth Sciences or Life Sciences
- Good knowledge of the taxonomy and ecology of foraminifera
- Methodological competence in culturing foraminifera and marine algae, laboratory and in situ experiments, analysis of marine sediments, analysis of stable isotopes, statistics
- Experience in marine field work
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- Ability to work in a team
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience
- Experience of working on research projects
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience of supervising students
Your application should be in English, and a single PDF file that includes
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (with a list of publications and presentations)
- Statement of research plans (maximum of two pages), including a brief proposal/outline of research plans over the next 6 years
- Contact details of two people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.08.2019, mentioning reference number 9847.
For further information please contact Heinz, Petra +43-1-4277-53580.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.