Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Reference number: 10231
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry invites applications for a University Assistant (post doc) position. The candidate should have an excellent track record in the field of structure-based drug design, preferentially in the area of SLC transporters. The candidate will be embedded in a very ambitious international research team. We expect active interaction with the partners of the IMI project “Resolute”
Your areas of responsibility include the scientific support of our projects related to structure-based drug design in the area of SLC transport proteins. We also expect design and execution of own research projects in the field of pharmacoinformatics, as well as the publication of results in international peer-reviewed journals. Furthermore, we expect your collaboration in already ongoing projects in the team and your participation in teaching.
- PhD in the field of Sciences
- Excellent knowledge in the field of structure-based drug design, preferentially in the area of SLC-transporter
- Documented publication activity in peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent command of English language
- High ability to cope with pressure
- Good team-working ability
- Ability to publish and present in English
In addition, we expect the successful candidate to have
- Teaching experience / experience of working with e-learning
- Experience of working on research projects
- Publications in renowned, subject-relevant media (peer-reviewed, depending on the professional standards)
- International presentation experience
Desirable qualifications are
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Experience abroad
- Experience of supervising students
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Description of research interests and research agenda / of the intended habilitation project (if applicable)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Toxicology
Other and interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
Very good knowledge
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Operating system knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 03.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10231.
For further information please contact Ecker, Gerhard +43-1-4277-55110.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.