Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (post doc) at the Nanomagnetism and Magnonics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.01.2020 of a
University Assistant (post doc)
at the Nanomagnetism and Magnonics
Reference number: 10307
The “Nanomagnetism and Magnonics” Research Group under the direction of Prof. Dr. Andrii Chumak at the Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, is a young and ambitious team that conducts internationally leading research in the fields of spintronics and magnonics. The research scope of the group encompasses magnonics, magnon spintronics, quantum magnonics at low temperatures, magnon-based data processing, and nonlinear spin-wave phenomena in nanoscale hybrid systems at room and low temperatures.
We are looking for a motivated PostDoc with experience in experimental Low Temperature Physics and related topical areas, such as Quantum Optics/Photonics, to expand our team in the research direction of Quantum Magnonics. Modern magnonics investigates spin-wave physics and spin-wave data processing at room temperatures operating with densities of magnons of up to 1019 cm-3. The field of quantum spin-wave physics operating with single magnons at the mK temperatures is just at the beginning of its establishment [Science 349, 405 (2015)] and opens a way towards the investigation and utilization of quantum phenomena on the sub-100 nm length scale. This PostDoc position for 6 years is specially opened in order to contribute to the establishment of this research direction in our group. The position also provides great conditions for the establishment of an independent academic profile. The position is aimed to be filled from 01.03.2020. For details please see the web page https://nanomag.univie.ac.at/research/functional-yig/ and contact Prof. Dr. Andrii Chumak firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration of employment: until 28.02.2026.
Extent of Employment: 40.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
Active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves:
- Development and construction of experimental setups, performing experimental measurements at 10 mK temperatures
- Developing and strengthening of an independent research profile
- Teaching 4 hours per week, allowing the development of an academic profile
- Co-supervision of PhD and Master students
- Involvement in research projects / research studies
- International publications and presentations
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Doctoral degree/PhD degree
- Professional competence: At least a few years of PostDoc experience in experimental investigations in the field of Quantum Optics or related areas
- Methodological competence: The position requires proven extensive research expertise in low temperature experiments and microwave techniques
- Skills in material science and nano-fabrication techniques are highly appreciated
- Experience in the fields of magnetism and spintronics are appreciated
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- IT user skills
- High ability to express yourself both orally and in writing
-Ability to work in a team
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
- Contact details of people who could provide a letter of reference
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 22.12.2019, mentioning reference number 10307.
For further information please contact Chumak, Andrii +43-1-4277-73910, del Real Lavergne, Pedro .
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.