Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2019 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics
Reference number: 9660
The Aerosol Physics and Environmental Physics (AEP) Group at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Vienna combines highly-sophisticated laboratory, ground-based and aircraft experiments with innovative modelling to study the fundamental physical and chemical properties of aerosol particles and clouds.
Current research focuses on related but different areas of aerosol science and covers the whole size spectrum from the nano- to the microscale.
We are looking for a motivated prae-doc assistant to extend our team.
The overall aim of this position is the analysis of data from the A-LIFE field experiment (www.a-life.at), and the collection and analysis of new aerosol data. A specific focus shall be given to the optical properties of light-absorbing aerosol layers in the Eastern Mediterranean detected during the A-LIFE field experiment.
- Characterization of aerosol mixtures detected in the Eastern Mediterranean during the A-LIFE field experiment
- Laboratory characterization of new instruments
- Development of software for data analysis
- Analysis and interpretation of data from the A-LIFE field experiment, and from laboratory experiments
- Support for the preparation of the instruments for aircraft measurements
- Collection and analysis of new data including participation in ground-based and airborne field experiments
- Publication and presentation of scientific results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences and workshops,
- Participation in research, teaching and administration,
- Particpation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Master in Physics with focus on atmospheric physics, meteorology and aerosol physics
- General experience in experimental work; ideally experience in airborne aerosol science
- Affinity for practical work and cooperation in a multidisciplinary team
- A strong interest in statistics, aerosol optics, and programming (e.g. Igor, C, Python, R) crucial for data analysis
- Initiative in finding solutions for scientific problems
- Willingness to participate in field experiments abroad
- Physical qualification to participate in airborne field missions and research flights
- Knowledge of principles of teaching
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Driver`s license
Your application should include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Very good knowledge
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 03.10.2019, mentioning reference number 9660.
For further information please contact Weinzierl, Bernadett +43-1-4277-73412.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.