Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Department of Environmental Geosciences
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.07.2019 of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Department of Environmental Geosciences
Reference number: 9545
The Environmental Geosciences Group (EDGE) within the newly established Centre for Microbiology and Environmental Systems Science is offering an exciting opportunity for a university assistant to complete a PhD degree. EDGE is a highly motivated international group carrying out top level research in environmental geochemistry within an international network. Our excellent infrastructure provides a broad spectrum of possibilities to realise her/his research ideas.
We are a group with a strong research focus on the analysis and behaviour of nanoscale particles in the aquatic environment. We elucidate the fate of organic contaminants following their release into natural environments and degradation processes, and are developing methods for studying these processes in complex systems.
We expect participation in research, teaching and administration:
- Participation in research projects / research studies
- International publications/ academic articles / presentations
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
- Examination activities
- Supervision of students
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Diploma or Master degree in Environmental Sciences
- Advanced knowledge in hydrochemistry and geochemistry, instrumental analytical chemistry (HPLC, GC and SEC, UV-VIS spectroscopy, nanoparticle characterisation techniques)
- Experience in the application of sorption tests, natural organic matter characterisation and trace element analysis.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
The successful candidate is an independent, proactive and motivated individual. She/He is characterised by both an exact scientific work ethic as well as good writing /communication skills in both English and German. He/She is a naturally curious person with a passion for discovery and is ready to perform practical exercises.
Application documents as one PDF:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
- Please send your master thesis as a separate pdf.
Main research field
Special research fields
Other and interdisciplinary Natural Sciences
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 05.06.2019, mentioning reference number 9545.
For further information please contact Whitechapel, Agatha +43-1-4277-53101.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.