Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Assistant (prae doc) at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.600 members of staff, about 92.000 students) seeks to fill the position as soon as possible of a
University Assistant (prae doc)
at the Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information
Reference number: 9486
The Quantum Nanophysics group under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Markus Arndt at the Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, is a young and ambitious team that conducts internationally leading research in the field of molecular matter-wave interferometry. For our further reinforcement, we are looking for a University assistant praedoc to join our group.
- Participation in a QNP research project on nanoparticle laser and 5D cavity cooling for advanced high-mass matter-wave interference with Si particles
- Participation in publications & presentations
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement
- Involvement in the group self-organization and research administration
- The successful candidate will present their thesis program to the faculty and sign a doctoral agreement within the first 12-18 months of the contract
- Completed master studies
- Advanced experience in matter-wave physics & molecular science
- Experience in molecular beam methods, laser physics and vacuum technology
- Advanced data acquisition and processing skills
- High ability to speak and write in English
- Ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are
- Quantum optics education and training
- High overall lab competence
- Stress resistance and ability to focus on the realization of challenging experiments
- Interdisciplinary interests
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications, evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Short doctoral project proposal
- Degree certificates
Main research field
Special research fields
Physics, Mechanics, Astronomy
Very good knowledge
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be sumbitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (
http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 29.04.2019, mentioning reference number 9486.
For further information please contact Paulovics, Verena +43-1-4277-51240.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (
http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.